Hi everyone!
We left early on Tuesday morning for the Masai Mara on a tiny prop plane and landed on a dirt airstrip. The airport at the Masai Mara was a dirt strip and a long wooden fence...that's it!
The safari camp had WiFi, but it didn't work. Sorry I have not been able to update lately. Everyone is doing well, but fatigued. Today, we flew back to Nairobi and are taking it easy. Some of the team is visiting an orphanage right now, others are resting here at Heart Lodge. Tonight, the team is sharing one of our final meals together before we leave on Friday night. These remaining hours are bittersweet: I think everyone will leave a piece of their heart in Africa.
At the safari, we were so close to seeing a lion kill: a pride of lions strategically surrounded a herd of zebras and ambushed them. It was very exciting! But, the zebra got away and everyone was a bit let down (except the zebra).
I would love to post many of the beautiful pictures taken over the past few days, but I am on dial up internet right now. I am sure you will see many pictures soon, though.
We love you all, keep praying for us, and we'll see you soon!