I am home. My team is home. They worked so hard and did extremely well when faced with uncertainty and frustration. I am very proud of all of them, and leading them has been a fun adventure (with some blood, sweat, and tears...still fun, though).
As I sit here and reflect, I am most thankful for the confident assurance I felt throughout this entire ordeal (Africa, volcano, etc.). My faith has been tested and strengthened. Seeing the faith and resolve of a hopeful church in Africa has built my faith. Seeing the faith of a former gang member turned Christ follower has built my faith. Seeing the kingdom of God advanced through the hands of broken people has built my faith. Being with each one of my team members, as heathen as we may be, has built my faith.
I count it pure joy to share this journey. Thank you all for being heavy stones, that weigh down my backpack of memories.