Tuesday, July 06, 2010

I'm not a designer, but...

I read a great article by Scott McClellan in Collide Magazine this past month. What makes it great is, while it was written with church leaders in mind, it is easily transferable to teachers, coaches, yard sale entrepreneurs, or anyone wanting to dabble in the world of marketing. The article is about making flyers. Exciting, huh?

I know what you're thinking: printed type is dead. But, who said flyers were just for print? Your facebook, twitter, or youtube pages can easily incorporate a better design, even if you're not advertising an event. For us in the church, easy how to's like these are golden nuggets. I love how this article welcomes my Pages (Mac's answer to Microsoft Office's Publisher) prowess and shows me ways to look like I'm an expert in Adobe CS5 (which I am not).



So,
follow this link, and I hope you get some good use out of it. I would have posted the link directly to Collide's online article archive, but they didn't post this article on the site. Plus, I highlighted the specific steps I found extremely helpful.

By the way, I still love being Lucy's dad. It rocks.