Tomorrow, I get to teach in a series called, "God and Bob", and I'm using the song, Like a Rolling Stone. I am excited about this.
I love the fact that we are taking one of the most iconic writers and performers of our time and paralleling the echoes from Kingdom thoughts. I'm also a dork, because I did WAY too much research about that one line that everyone knows: "like a rolling stone."Another thing I really appreciate about my church, is that we have a dream of where we want to be (some people call this vision). When I arrived, a little over two years ago, one of the main things on my plate of responsibilities was our website (which, at the time was a PDF newsletter). I am very energized by vision. We created vision for our website. Now, not everything is in place and the dream is still being realized, but, doggone it, we're taking some exciting steps.
In the last four months, I have been on a journey with our web team and the great folks at Plain Joe Studios out of Corona, Ca (esp Peter and Julie, you guys rock). We've been on a journey that led us up to the release of our new site this past week. I am extremely pr
oud and delighted that our new site release brings a lot of interaction, information, and clarity to our online presence as a church.Check it out, search through it, and interact. I bet you'll find some things you like (and a few typos if you look hard enough, but that's what updates are for). It's exciting to take a next step, and this was a big one for us.