so, i developed my top six choices of food within 5 minutes of where i work. these choices are based on $$, taste, and ease of commute. so, here goes, in reverse order (meaning my fav will be at the bottom):

6. Quiznos. This is a choice based on current promotion. You can (as of today) get a 5 meat large sandwich for $5. Add a small drink to that and lunch is $7 (with tax). I LOVE this special promo sandwich. It is very tasty, and it big enough to where I dont need chips or cookie or anything else. Load it up with peppers at the pepper bar (another fav thing about quiznos) and i am good to go.
5.
Panera. No, I don't have a testosterone problem. I have a weight and money problem.Panera has much to give me for my money, and it is the healthiest option here. The "YOU PICK TWO" option starts at $6.29, and if you get a water with it, lunch is less than $7. The salads are fresh and clean and I enjoy the atmosphere A LOT (free WiFi). I hold several meetings a month here. Also, my friend Terry Jory (shout out) informed me of the kids menu that sports a large portioned grilled cheese. This meal comes with the grilled cheese and choice of side with a small drink for less than $5.
4. Qdoba. This is the most expensive option on the list. A good queso chicken burrito and a drink with chips costs you around $10. But you can just get the large burrito and a water for less than $8. Qdoba has tvs and a good atmosphere. The beans and meats are excellent quality and I enjoy the queso burrito the most. There are cheaper options. And on Monday nights (or tues nights?) it is Best Buy night. Take in any Best Buy receipt (current date) and get your burrito half off.
3. Taco Bell. With the arrival of the value menu and the Big Taste taco, i have again become a believer of the noisy afterburn cuisine of collegiate and high school champions. It is cheap, people, and it is classic taco bell. I can eat to my heart's content for less than $5. It may not be great quality, but it tastes good the first time. You will be burping it the whole day long, though. It gets the #3 spot because of price.
2. Chick Fil A. Sadly, I can;t get away from it. It is the ONLY place around here with good sweet tea. It would take the #1 spot for that alone for most southerners living in MD. You know what you're getting at CFA. There's no sirprises, and it is always their pleasure to serve you. Plus, sit in the back and avoid all the kids, get as many polynesian and BBQ sauces as you desire, and free refils on tea. This one is truly a no brainer. And the CFA here now has a spicy chicken sandwich.1. (drumroll please, and no pic): Rocco's Pizza. Yes, a little local NY pizzeria joint in downtown Glen Burnie. BEST NY PIZZA I HAVE HAD OUTSIDE OF NY: PERIOD. Lunch special: 2 (huge) slices and a drink for $3.95. Small joint; only three booths and a TV on top of a drink machine. Best lunch value and taste around. And if you order a pie for the family, i suggest THE GODFATHER. It is pricy, but it is INCREDIBLE (pepperoni, sausage, onions, mushrooms, peppers, and extra cheese). It is the heaviest pizza i have had. Another item you can get relatively cheap for lunch: OLD BAY HOT WINGS. Oh yeah, you read that correctly. HOT WINGS WITH OLD BAY.
Honorable mention goes to the following places: Mikie's (good sweet tea and southern style menu), Five Guys Burgers and Fries (great burger but a little pricy), and Cluck U Chicken (huge plasmas and good chicken wraps).
Now, the best crab cake around here is at a place called G&M. I highly recommend
trying G&M out (although you will need $15 for a crab cake sandwich lunch; well worht it for the crab cake, though).
take the risk,
n